Open Access Information and Policy
All articles published by JoASNT Journal are made immediately available worldwide under an open access license. This means:
- everyone has free and unlimited access to the full-text of all articles published in JoASNT Journal, and
- everyone is free to re-use the published material if proper accreditation/citation of the original publication is given.
- open access publication is supported by the authors’ institutes or research funding agencies by payment of a comparatively low Article Processing Charge (APC) for accepted articles.
External Open Access Resources
Those who are new to the concept of open access might find the following websites or ‘Open Access 101’ video informative:
- Wikipedia article on ‘Open Access’
- Peter Suber’s ‘Open Access Overview’
- Information Platform Open Access [in English]
- SHERPA’s ‘Authors and Open Access’
Meaning of Open Access
In accordance with major definitions of open access in scientific literature (namely the Budapest, Berlin, and Bethesda declarations), Journal of Advanced Sciences and Nanotechnology defines open access by the following conditions:
- peer-reviewed literature is freely available without subscription or price barriers,
- literature is immediately released in open access format (no embargo period), and
- published material can be re-used without obtaining permission as long as a correct citation to the original publication is given.
During 2016, Journal of Advanced Sciences and Nanotechnology started to publish articles under the Creative Commons Attribution License and are now using the latest version of the CC BY license, which grants authors the most extensive rights. This means that all articles published in Journal of Advanced Sciences and Nanotechnology, including data, graphics, and supplements, can be linked from external sources, scanned by search engines, re-used by text mining applications or websites, blogs, etc. free of charge under the sole condition of proper accreditation of the source and original publisher.
Important Note: some articles (especially Reviews) may contain figures, tables or text taken from other publications, for which Journal of Advanced Sciences and Nanotechnology does not hold the copyright or the right to re-license the published material. Please note that you should inquire with the original copyright holder (usually the original publisher or authors), whether or not this material can be re-used.
Advantages of Open Access for Authors
The High Availability and Visibility of our open access articles is guaranteed through the free and unlimited accessibility of the publication over the Internet. Everyone can freely access and download the full text of all articles published with Journal of Advanced Sciences and Nanotechnology: readers of open access journals, i.e., mostly other researchers, do not need to pay any subscription or pay-per-view charges to read articles published by Journal of Advanced Sciences and Nanotechnology. Open access publications are also more likely to be included in search engines and indexing databases.
The Higher Citation Impact of open access articles results from their high publicity and availability. Open access publications are demonstrably more frequently cited [1,2].
Lower Publishing Costs: Open access publishers cover their costs for editorial handling and editing of a paper by charging authors’ institutes or research funding agencies. The cost of handling and producing an article is covered through the one-time payment of an article processing charge (APC) for each accepted article. The APCs of open access publishers are only a fraction of the average income per paper earned by traditional, subscription-based publishers. Journal of Advanced Sciences and Nanotechnology article processing charge (APC) is the same, irrespective of article length, because we wish to encourage publication of long papers with complete results and full experimental or computational details .
Faster Publication in Journal of Advanced Sciences and Nanotechnology is achieved by online-only availability. Accepted articles are typically published online more rapidly in Journal of Advanced Sciences and Nanotechnology than those of traditional, subscription-based and printed journals are .